The Spud Cake One Made Was...

...a success!

Last 2 weeks(I think), I saw this dish on Ten Dollar Dinners computer program from the Food Network Asia channel. I idea it was really slowly to do, exactly on that present it was cooked every bit a side dish to steak dinner. So I dropped the steak together with planned on cooking the murphy cake.

Fast forward. Today.

I tried cooking this murphy cake. I got 3 medium-sized potatoes(first fourth dimension making these, therefore I don't know the required quantity), peeled them, together with then grated them past times hand. I don't receive got a nutrient processor therefore it's manual labor. (This may receive got every bit good contributed to the proficient sense of savor ^_^) After grating, I lay the pan on the burn downwards together with lay closed to cooking oil. I waited for the pan to live on heated a fleck together with and then lay closed to butter. When the butter was melted, I used my mitt to lay a handful of grated(or shredded) potatoes on the pad together with spread them to a sort of a pancake. Then I lay closed to common salt together with pepper on the peak side of the pancake. Making it crispy on depression heat, I made certain that the sort would live on retained when I flipped it on the other side. In the cooking show, she used a nonstick pan on cooking the murphy cake. She easily flipped the cake using a big plate on the peak of the pan. Our pan is a special,anything-will-stick-even-with-cooking-oil frying pan. So I worked on unsticking the underside starting fourth dimension earlier turning it over carefully.

After I turned over on the other side, I lay closed to seasoning on the peak of the potatoes again. Then I melted petty slices of butter on the sides of the cake to forbid it from farther sticking. After several minutes(I didn't fourth dimension the cooking), if the underside is crispy together with then you lot tin larn it out of the pan. Repeat the procedure for the remaining grated potatoes.

My housemate told me that it looked similar the murphy cake from Marché, exclusively they telephone band it Rösti (I searched it on the spider web later on dinner). He every bit good said that it came alongside closed to mayo or closed to sauce. So I made a mix of mayo, cream together with pepper powder.

Then it was dinner. I can't believe it when they told me that the potatoes were delicious. They fifty-fifty compared it to Marché's Rosti, exclusively my dish was means better.(To my surprise, entertainment together with a fleck of satisfaction). This was my starting fourth dimension time making these murphy cakes, together with they fared ameliorate than I thought. And I don't fifty-fifty know that Marché serves the same dish because I haven't been there. What a night!

(P.S. Next fourth dimension I brand these, I'll brand certain to accept a motion painting starting fourth dimension earlier serving.)
Sumber https://mytimeinsingapore.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari The Spud Cake One Made Was.... Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions