Singaporetourismmap: Crimson Point Roaming - Ang Moment Kio Mrt

I went on my instant Red Dot Roaming gamble late this fourth dimension starting at Ang Mo Kio MRT.  My 24-hour interval labor has taken me to the Ang Mo Kio expanse inwards the yesteryear but other than that I've never truly ventured there.  I wasn't certain what was at that spot but from a footling investigation it seemed at that spot were several parks inwards the expanse in addition to that the Lower Peirce Reservoir was also unopen (ish).  The 24-hour interval I chose to teach was a perfect 24-hour interval for walking in addition to exploring.  It had rained a footling before inwards the 24-hour interval in addition to was dull, overcast in addition to non every bit good hot when I got off the MRT.  

Anyone who has lived inwards or knows a footling nearly Singapore may endure familiar amongst the term, ang moh, it is oft used to depict westerners in addition to is a Hokkien phrase pregnant 'red hair'.  It's slow to assume hence that this business office of Singapore took its cite from the same phrase.  There are several theories every bit to how the expanse got its cite but it is believed that the cite was derived from the combining of 2 Hokkien phrases.  Ang Mo Dan which way rambutan, (a cherry fruit covered inwards hair) in addition to the suffix 'kio', which way brace or bridges, which was added every bit an extra description to distinguish just where the expanse was every bit at that spot were many bridges built around this area. 

Some of the data available inwards Ang Mo Kio Town Garden East


From my training for my trip I'd established at that spot was a green correct yesteryear the MRT so this seemed the perfect identify to begin.  I was surprised when I came out of the MRT, mainly because hills seem so infrequent inwards Singapore, to discovery that the Ang Mo Kio Town Garden East (as I discovered it was called) was truly on a colina amongst stairs built inwards to climb to the green at the top.

When I reached the top, I discovered a lovely, good maintained green to relish a stroll around.  There were data boards nearly the history of the expanse in addition to suggested walking routes to discovery some of the history in addition to expanse of Ang Mo Kio for yourself.


After exploring hither I walked towards the Bishan Ang Mo Kio green which was also on my planned road for the day.  My walk at that spot took me mainly yesteryear HDB's in addition to after a shortish walk I reached the border of what, from maps I'd looked at previously, seemed to endure a fairly large park.  The maps did non prevarication in addition to this green is a pretty impressive size amongst lakes in addition to lots of infinite to sit down in addition to relax.  I also saw signs advising what yous should create if yous teach a monkey inwards your house.  I've non seen those signs anywhere else before but every bit the green is non every bit good far from the Lower Peirce Reservoir expanse I approximate it's far to a greater extent than viable that it could happen.  I was truly struck yesteryear how lovely a green it seemed in addition to how it was utterly deserted.  Admittedly it was a calendar week 24-hour interval afternoon in addition to it had been raining but at that spot was no 1 there, maybe it's rattling dissimilar at weekends though.



Before I went on my roam I'd read  one of many stories nearly how the expanse got its name.  This 1 existence nearly a cherry haired British lady, Lady Jennifer Windsor who was married to a Lord Windsor who had an estate inwards the Upper Thomson expanse in addition to had lived at that spot from the 1920s until after World War II.  It was a terrible accident that linked her to 1 of the bridges inwards the expanse crossing a flow running from the Lower Peirce Reservoir.  Tragically Lady Windsor's 3 children were lost 1 24-hour interval whilst on their way to view a identify unit of measurement friend staying nearby.  It was later on established that her 2 sons had been playing close a brace when a abrupt gush of H2O had swept them away, their bodies were later found but the torso of her footling daughter never was.

Soon after this happened locals reported hearing the cries of a kid in addition to this prompted Lady Windsor to rest yesteryear the brace for the residuum of her life.  It is said that her constant presence caused locals to cite the expanse 'Red Haired bridge'.  Apparently it was alone after her decease inwards 1963 that locals stopped hearing the cries.  I also read that the bridge, though straight off disused, was however visible close the coming together betoken of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 in addition to Upper Thomson Road.  I was interested to sweat in addition to detect this quondam brace in addition to every bit the Bishan Ang Mo Kio green ran along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 I idea it would endure a pleasant walk to create on the way.

Sadly I couldn't detect the bridge, I don't know whether I but missed it, if mayhap it's straight off gone or if it has been swallowed upward inwards parts of the reservoir no longer accessible to the full general public.  I'd dear to withdraw heed from anyone familiar amongst this storey in addition to brace who mayhap knows though.


After walking all that way, which though it doesn't await far on a map filled most of the afternoon I'd reached Lower Peirce Reservoir.  I had originally idea I powerfulness so accept a walk around some of that every bit I'd previously walked around some of MacRitchie reservoir.  However yesteryear the fourth dimension I arrived I was tired in addition to truly ready but to complete my exploring at that spot in addition to come upward home.  I shout back Lower Peirce Reservoir is 1 to view some other day.


If yous missed my get-go Red Dot Roaming post service yous tin banking concern jibe it out here.  Stay tuned for the side yesteryear side gamble soon. 

Ang Mo Kio MRT station is on the North South business (NS16).

Sumber https://www.expatadventuresinsingapore.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Singaporetourismmap: Crimson Point Roaming - Ang Moment Kio Mrt. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions