Things must do in Singapore: Satelite Cakes

Shockingly I have just realised unopen to other nutrient showtime that I've too so far failed to mention!!  I mentioned inwards a previous ship service nearly the Mid-Autumn Festival that took house a twain of weeks agone too that it is a tradition to swallow satelite cakes at this time.  I so insisted that nosotros should purchase unopen to to seek too.  So nosotros did.

We bought unopen to white lotus seed glue cakes on a recommendation from a lady nosotros bumped into in the supermarket that nosotros went every bit good every bit she told us they were real good.  There seemed to endure lots of unlike types too so I don't know whether nosotros had the best of flavours but a local friend told us non to convey the chocolate ones or brightly coloured ones that tin sack endure bought every bit they are non traditionally what a satelite cake is. 

There were alone 4 cakes inwards the tin which doesn't audio much but my showtime impression was surprise every bit to how heavy they were too how I couldn't imagine existence able to swallow a whole ane due to their size too weight.  So perchance alone 4 was non too so bad afterwards all.  The satelite cakes nosotros bought came from Hong Kong but unfortunately I can't tell y'all much else nearly the data provided amongst them every bit none of the data was inwards English.  They came inwards a beautiful decorated tin though which I decided I would keep, the cakes themselves were individually wrapped amongst 2010 printed on the wrapper with further patterns on and yet further patterns too writing on transcend of the cake itself.


So to the crucial usage what were they similar ..... good they weren't bad but in ane trial to a greater extent than I intend it comes downwards to sense of savour too the sense of savour of these is something that Westerners simply aren't used to.  The sense of savour reminded me of peanut butter which although non unpleasant seemed a combat foreign inwards a cake.  The closest I tin sack depict what the inside of the cake looked similar inwards price of consistency was similar to marzipan I guess.

Would I convey them again?  Probably non to endure honest, but every bit amongst everything else novel I've had since I've been here I'm glad nosotros bought unopen to to tell nosotros tried them whilst nosotros had the gamble to create so.

Sumber https://www.expatadventuresinsingapore.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Things must do in Singapore: Satelite Cakes. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions