Things must do in Singapore: Ni Hao...

m off to the Chinese Club for Parents at Alexander SingaporeTourismMap: Ni hao...
















In a few minutes I'm off to the Chinese Club for Parents at Alexander's school. It's incredibly difficult as well as I can't recall looking at a clock this intensely since High School Math. The fact that it's correct subsequently luncheon as well as I tin give the sack barely give-up the ghost along my eyes opened upwards doesn't help. The teachers taught AJ concluding twelvemonth as well as are truly quite friendly as well as helpful. Last flat they asked me what Ao Liu' means? I sentiment that was a fox inquiry since it's Alexander's self-appointed Chinese name. "Soaring Eagle?" I sheepishly replied. (I accept a vague retentivity of finding his mention on a 'Get a Chinese Name' cyberspace site when he outset started school).
"Oh, no. No soaring eagle (huge grin) Ao liu' means: 'stay there'." What? The mention my boy has been using for the by iii years inwards Chinese flat means: "Stay there?" And I'm the i who constitute it for him. Son, almost that name: 'soaring eagle'....May non last the cool mention nosotros originally sentiment it was.

Learning Chinese is so, what's the discussion I'm looking for? Hard. Impossible. If in that place were whatsoever diplomatic way of getting out of the flat I would inwards a flash. But hence Alexander would (rightly so) say: "well, if it's hence difficult how create you lot hold off me to create it?" I think the teachers accept an inkling because concluding fourth dimension they kept complimenting me on my pronunciation. That sounded sincere.
When I attempt out my Standard Mandarin on Alexander he only shakes his caput as well as says: "I accept no sentiment what you're saying. You're getting all the tones wrong."
There are solely almost 4 parents inwards the flat as well as nosotros create accept occasional laughs. Usually involving the pronunciation of words as well as the regain that 'He' means: 'drink' but it equally good way 'box.' And that 'gege kele ne shui' way 'brother thirsty quaff water' but accidently revert the club as well as you lot powerfulness goal upwards with: 'Drink your thirsty brother.'

Sumber http://diaryofanexpatinsingapore.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Things must do in Singapore: Ni Hao.... Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions