Things must do in Singapore: Reddish Point Roaming - Damai Lrt - Punggol Waterway

My latest Red Dot Roaming took me to Damai LRT station, OK it's non the MRT but it's unopen plenty as well as rattling reminiscent of the Docklands Light Railway inwards London.  I went to the Damai LRT halt to see the Punggol Waterway.  This was my showtime fourth dimension to this expanse but I've been reading lots since that Punggol is fast becoming a pop spot on the isle so mayhap I'll endure returning at some betoken to explore more.

The commons though has 4 themes each catering to unlike users of the park.  These are the Nature Cove, Recreation Zone, Heritage Zone as well as Green Gallery.  I visited during the calendar week as well as as, is oft the case, when I create that in that location was barely a mortal around.  The Punggol Waterway Park as well as My Waterway @ Punggol are articulation agency projects betwixt HDB as well as the National Parks.  Its aim beingness to plough Punggol town into a 'Waterfront Town' of the 21st Century.  Punggol was ane time a line-fishing hamlet amongst grunter as well as poultry farms as well as vegetable plantations.  The commons hence aims to brand the most of what is left of this setting, combining some of what was already in that location amongst the new.  An interesting fact I've since learnt is that Punggol inwards Malay means, 'hurling sticks at the branches of fruit trees to convey them downward to the ground'!  Quite impressive for ane relatively brusk word.



My exploring began inwards what is the Heritage Zone of the Waterway.  As I walked to a greater extent than or less it was clear this was ane time a route as well as in that location is fifty-fifty a disused coach halt amongst the quondam sign nonetheless there.  The wall has some data nigh some of the nature that inhabits the expanse every bit well.  I've learnt since that this was indeed a stretch of the quondam Punggol Road, so this is ane purpose where the quondam as well as novel tin endure seen to conduct keep been combined.  Being a chip of a history fan I holler upwards this is a prissy deport on to the park, but although in that location was some data nigh the history of the expanse I would conduct keep liked a niggling chip more.  



The quondam coach halt as well as shelter


From the Heritage Zone I carried on walking along the river enjoying my peaceful afternoon stroll.  There are diverse bridges across the H2O allowing you lot to cross to either side at regular intervals.  I decided to walk on until I came to a convenient brace at some stage, cross over as well as and so walk dorsum to the LRT station on the reverse bank.  

There aren't loads of unlike things to run into along the way but nonetheless it's a pleasant house to acquire for a walk.  My walk did accept me underneath railway lines which from subsequent investigation appear to endure purpose of the Punggol LRT draw of piece of employment non yet opened upwards due to insufficient evolution inwards the area.  When they are eventually opened I imagine the lines volition supply some groovy views across the waterway as well as surrounding area.


The unopened Punggol Line LRT rail inwards a higher house the Punggol Waterway

As my walk took me dorsum towards the route as well as the LRT station I passed the Watersports Promenade amongst a boardwalk extending correct out into the water.  You tin run into this inwards ane of the photos farther downward inwards the post.  As I said in that location was hardly a mortal to a greater extent than or less when I was there, I gauge it is much busier on weekends!  One other matter that caught my attending on my walk were some fabulously decorated rubbish bins, making a pleasant alter from but the regular bins you lot run into inwards most places.





























Two of the many bins I spotted amongst interesting designs on them

I enjoyed my afternoon walking to a greater extent than or less the Punggol Waterway.  From what I've read since it for sure seems similar a lot to a greater extent than is beingness done to brand this whole expanse a 'go to' spot.  The quondam of the quondam Punggol Road mixed inwards amongst the novel is a prissy seem to the commons inwards my opinion.  A pleasant spot to see if you lot come about to endure inwards the area.




Damai LRT (PE7) is on the Punggol LRT line.  It tin endure accessed via Punggol MRT on the North East draw of piece of employment (NE17).  If you lot missed whatever of my previous Red Dot Roaming posts banking concern fit them out here.

UPDATE - Apr 2015 - since visiting the Punggol Waterway I've also covered another parts of the larger North Eastern Riverine Loop through my Red Dot Roaming adventures. Check out my postal service specifically nigh the Sengkang Riverside Park as well as piece of employment out along your eyes peeled for to a greater extent than that I already conduct keep planned for the future.

I also constitute this really helpful link via the National Parks roofing the whole route if you lot are keen to create some exploring yourself.

Sumber https://www.expatadventuresinsingapore.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Things must do in Singapore: Reddish Point Roaming - Damai Lrt - Punggol Waterway. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions