Singaporetourismmap: Hever Castle

As I mentioned previously I've just been dorsum inwards the Great Britain for a duet of weeks, my hubby joining me for the final calendar week of this trip which nosotros enjoyed with my stepsons (more shortly on where nosotros visited).  Prior to this though I stayed with my parents inwards Kent catching upward with identify unit of measurement too friends.  My Mum has retired too my Dad took some fourth dimension off operate whilst I was dorsum too nosotros decided to exercise a few things together equally a family.  One of these beingness a take in to Hever Castle, not besides far from my parents home.

The conclusion equally to what nosotros did was largely mine too although I've been at that topographic point many times earlier I wanted to exercise something I could non exercise inwards Singapore.  Seeing equally I've ever loved history too I exercise immature lady the castles too historic houses that are in abundance inwards the Great Britain this seemed similar the perfect place.  We visited on Good Fri too the atmospheric condition was perfect, inwards fact it was the best twenty-four hours of the vacation weekend with the atmospheric condition beingness much cooler too wetter past times the time it got to Easter Bank Holiday Monday.



Hever Castle is famous for beingness the childhood habitation of Anne Boleyn the Queen consort too minute married adult woman of Henry VIII too woman raise of Queen Elizabeth I.  The Gatehouse too pall walls are the oldest, dating dorsum to 1270.  Within the castle walls is a Tudor manor solid which was added past times the Boleyn family.  Much after inwards the castle's history it was eventually purchased past times William Waldorf Astor inwards 1903.  The real same Astor who began the structure of the Waldorf hotel inwards New York inwards 1890.  His cousin after began structure of the Astoria hotel side past times side door and the two hotels eventually joined together to become the Waldorf-Astoria hotel.


William Waldorf Astor is credited with making a dandy many improvements to Hever castle during his fourth dimension living there.  This included edifice a 'Tudor village' (to conform identify unit of measurement too guests) too the developing of the gardens too creation of a lake.  Astor had a large collection of Italian sculpture too much of that tin move seen inwards the Italian mode garden.  The castle remained inwards the Astor identify unit of measurement until 1983 too many photos of the identify unit of measurement tin move seen inwards 1 of the rooms that the tour of the castle takes yous through.


Visitors are unable to accept photos within the castle but the tour takes yous through such rooms equally the Long Gallery, dining rooms, the library, what was Anne Boleyn's bedchamber too the family rooms of the Astors.  There are many Tudor portraits on display including ones of Henry VIII, his six wives, his parents, Henry VII too Elizabeth of York, his blood brother Prince Arthur (who was the heir to the throne but died suddenly making Henry the heir) and of Henry VIII's children with many others.  There is also a collection of armoury too diverse instruments of execution too torture, looking at those sure as shooting makes yous wince.  Outside inwards the gardens, if yous desire to teach totally lost, at that topographic point is a maze which Astor added inwards 1906.

I couldn't say yous for sure how many times I've been to Hever castle over the years but visiting it too other places similar it to a greater extent than or less the Great Britain is something that I've ever enjoyed doing.  Certainly non beingness inwards a lay to move equally much equally I used to, I mean value made the day even more enjoyable.  I'm non sure if, until moving to Singapore, I actually appreciated how lucky I was to cause got access to places such equally this as it is real slow to accept it all for granted.  I dear a lot of things nigh Singapore but at that topographic point volition ever move things nigh the Great Britain that I appreciate all the to a greater extent than now for my fourth dimension living here.





Sumber https://www.expatadventuresinsingapore.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Singaporetourismmap: Hever Castle. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions